In case you missed the handy-dandy update on the left side of the page (or if you’re reading this blog through an RSS feed), our reading period for creative writing is now open!
You can submit your work for review by our editors at our submission site (http://www.cddc.vt.edu/host/TheMinnesotaReview/index.php/creativecritical/login). You will need to create a user account (if you do not already have one) before you can submit your work.
Our submission guidelines:
- We are reading creative nonfiction during this reading period.
- Please submit only one story, or up to four short shorts or flash fiction pieces (1,000 words or less), per reading period.
- You may submit multiple poems; please group them into one document and upload them as a single file.
- All files must be saved in Microsoft Word (.doc), Rich Text Format (.rtf), Plain Text (.txt) formats, or .pdf. We cannot open .Pages or other formats. If you have questions on how to save your document, please consult the Help section of your word processing software.
- You can upload your work at any time; however, this reading period will end April 1, 2012.
- We only consider unpublished work.
- We do accept simultaneous submissions of creative writing, although we ask that you let us know immediately if it is accepted elsewhere.
If you have any questions or difficulties with the submission process, please feel free to contact our editorial assistant, Ashley Patriarca, at firstname.lastname@example.org.