What kind of writer are you? Take this quiz to find out!
1. I prefer to eat my meals:
- under a tree, overlooking a field of daffodils
- with large-breasted women in a futuristic coffee bar
- on a mountainside or in a boxcar
- slowly, meditating upon each sensuous digestive gurgle and upon my own genius which the world will never know
- in an open boat
2. I usually wake up:
- to frantically record the fleeting remnants of my opium dreams…something about Mongolia… damn.
- to the growls of approaching wolves beside a dwindling fire
- next to a man I don’t love, a child I have no desire to rear, and an open window—oh, glorious window!
- with an empty bottle in one hand and a metaphysical sunflower in the other—my scepter! and my soul!
3. My hobbies include:
- attending pet funerals and interviewing gypsies
- dogsledding, sailing, contemplating cannibalism
- admiring farmers and meditating on my death
- hitchhiking, refuting obscenity charges
4. My favorite reality TV show is
- Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
- Iron Chef
- Project Runway
(Answers after the jump!)
Check your answers:
1, 1, 4, 1— You are a Romantic Poet!
2, 4, 1, 5— You are a Genre Fiction Writer!
3, 5, 5, 2— You are a Beat Poet!
4, 3, 3, 3—You are a New Woman Writer!
5, 2, 2, 4—You are a Naturalist!
Meaghan Russell was just startled by a boxelder that flipped from her poetry notebook, unfazed, and without comment. She wears boots.